Blog Archive

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Daily Post 9: UV Bulb Diagnostics

After the bulb has gone up in smoke, I have done some research. My research seems to hint that the UV bulb itself malfunctioned when shipped, and instantly burnt out due to component failure. However, another possibility revealed is that the voltage may have been too high for it to handle.

This is conflicting, because it seems like either possibility is likely, but the only method of truly finding out is to buy another of the same bulb and test it against the fixture. The UV bulb, however, costs $25, which would cost each group member an additional $5. Before I decide to purchase another bulb for testing, I will confront them about the issue and ask of their opinions.

Additionally, tomorrow (Monday) I plan on contacting a light bulb company to ask if they might have an idea as to how to pursue this issue. When unsure, I believe it is wise to ask for professional help. After completing all of the above, I believe the issue will certainly be identified, and then fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment